So, each year as I get closer to the *gulp* big 4-0, it seems I'm getting more reflective and intent on making things that once seemed unattainable, attainable. This year I have my sights set on, once and for all, creating my future to be one without constant weight woes. It's something I've battled with all.my.life. Before kids I had a pretty good handle on it, but after my son was born, that all fell apart.
So, this is the year for me to actually get on board and make.it.happen. Not just to lose weight, but to make my life the way I want it to be, the way I used to be, to become an athlete again. That's my authentic self, how I've always seen myself, because athletics was such a huge part of my life for the first 2/3 of my life. I want it to be a part of my life for the rest of my life. Right now it's something that I struggle with, but I'm taking baby steps toward having that become a part of my life again.
In addition, I've compiled my (not so short) list of 38 things to do at 38 (which was inspired by Amy Tangerine's 32 while 32 post). So here goes! 38, here I come!
1) Get closer to finding and becoming my true, authentic self
2) Escape the lockhold my body has on my spirit
3) Achieve a greater sense of balance and light in my life
4) Be more okay that I'm no super model, and never will be
5) Purchase and wear my first pair of heels with some cute jeans
6) Go into NYC more
7) Spend less time on the computer
8) Spend more time doing squats
9) Learn to shoot my camera in Manual Mode
10) Read more books
11) Try painting again with watercolors (used to do this in college)
12) Try caligraphy again (used to do this in high school)
13) Spend more one on one time with my daughter
14) Hire a babysitter more so my husband and I can go out more
15) Ride my bike again - I used to go on 40 mile rides every weekend when I lived in Seattle on the Burke-Gillman Trail (how I miss that!)
16) Organize my garage
17) Maintain my craft space organization so it stays tidy (I just did a major overhaul and I will be posting photos shorty of that....)
18) Start volunteering with my daughter at the local humane society
19) Work at a soup kitchen at least once
20) Breathe more
21) Relax more.
22) Learn new ways of *beautifying* myself - YouTube hair and makeup lessons - I'm so out of touch!
23) Do the local 5K run in November - Turkey Trot
24) Register for a triathalon for 2013
25) Waste less, use more
26) Remember to bring my re-usable bags to the store, every.time.
27) Be a better vegetarian - more veggies!
28) Try juicing
29) Cut back on coffee - notice I didn't say GIVE UP?! LOL I love Starbucks!
30) Try to create a chevron pattern on a layout/card (haven't done that yet)
31) While on vacation in Mexico next month, try something new
32) Cook more, nuke less
33) Have at least one family event every weekend
34) Nurture friendships more
35) Let my guard down more
36) Trust more
C'mon I can do it...
37) Let go more
38) Learn something new everyday