On the 1st Day of Christmas Cards, Amy brought to you . . .
1) Sneak Peaks,
2) Rules of the Game(s), and
3) a Quick, CAS Simple card to start things out!
Welcome, welcome!! This is the FIRST official post for my 12 Days of Christmas Cards series here on my little blog! First up, to give you a taste of just some of the cards coming your way I thought I'd tease you with these mini snippets of some cards you'll be seeing here over the next 2-3 weeks.
So what do you think? Ready to hear more? These are just half of what I'm going to be showing you, so if these have tickled your fancy you'll love the other 6 I have coming along as well!
Let the Games Begin!
I've decided to have 2 games during this series. Both require participation, and both will award a single winner a super box-full-o-prizes! One of the games will even (hopefully) help you to get some handmade cards created for the holidays!! That's a plus, right?! So, if you are interested in a bit of a game and some fun creating during this season, let's get started!!
12 Days of Christmas Cards - Word Search
1) Each of the 12 Days of Christmas Cards blog posts here at my blog, will contain a word. The word will either be hidden in the sentiment of the card, or will be highlighted (like this) within the post. It is the participants' jobs to find each one of the words within each of the posts, then unscramble all 12 of them after the final day, to create a full phrase.
2) On the last day of the series, (Day 12, or the 12th Day of Christmas Cards) I will let you know when and where to post your phrase - it may be via email, it may be via a new blog post, it may be via Facebook, etc. but the first person to follow those directions, AND has the correct phrase, will be the winner of the prize pack! Sound like fun?!
12 Days of Christmas Cards - Sketch Challenge
1) With each post of the 12 Days of Christmas I will also post a coordinating sketch for that card.
2) Participants should create a card, tag or layout based on the sketch and send a link to me of your project. Because this series is a couple weeks long, to qualify for the random prize drawing for this game, players must participate in at least 2 sketches during the series. The only deadline will be that they are completed and linked up by the deadline given on the the 12th Day of Christmas Cards post. So for example, today's sketch won't be due until after the 12th day of Christmas cards, so there's no rush. We're all so busy this time of the year and I really don't want to make this into a "challenge" as much as I'd like to help you get you going on your own cards, and hey, there's a prize involved in the end, so why not!?
A note about the prizes: Prizes are simply unused product that I have accumulated through my own purchasing or provided to me from my Design Teams. This contest is not sponsored in any way. Some of the items may have a few pieces missing, but are in excellent quality and are of newer release nonetheless. I simply get too much stuff to use! :)
** Please note, prizes will not be awarded to random comments. Prizes are only going to be awarded to those who have completed each game by following their set guidelines. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Okay, now that you know the rules and what the games are, how about our first card and sketch?!
This first card is probably the simplest of the bunch and would be super easy to recreate in mass. The papers, 3D sentiment sticker and the fabric brad are all from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses line that was introduced last year. The felt embellishment is from CTMH.
Here's a detail of the dimension, which I really love.
:: DAY 1 SKETCH ::
Now for the sketch! Really CAS. Would LOVE to see some of your creative ideas with that swooping line!! If you create a card with this sketch, please photograph it and post it to your blog and link it up here in the comments section. If you don't have a blog, no worries, simply email me an image of your creation! So what do you say? Are you ready to start this holiday party?? I can't wait!!!! And I can't wait to see what you all MAKE! Welcome to the holiday season, friends and welcome to my 12 Days of Christmas Cards Series for 2010!!! I'm so excited to have you join me!
Have a wonderful, and hopefully crafty day!!! Big hugs!!