Well, it's been an interesting several days. I mentioned that I had strep throat a few days ago. Well, yesterday I woke up and felt as though I was going to swallow my tonsils . . . literally. It was very frightening. I could hardly breathe and all I could do was gag. Long story short - a paramedic visit and an ER visit in later - and it was determined that I may have had a reaction to the penicilin I was on, resulting in making my already large tonsils and hangy-down thing (uvula) very swollen. So, I was prescribed a new antibiotic and a steroid to make the swelling go down, so other than feeling just a bit exhausted from yesterday's ordeal, I am feeling much better today, thankfully. So, again, I have nothing new and crafty to share, so I thought I'd share a couple of fun blogger awards I've been given over the last several months from some of my blogging friends! Thanks, ladies!
So with these awards you are supposed to share 10 random things about yourself. So here goes.
1) I have been to Hong Kong, Mainland China, Bangkok, Tokyo (airport), Sydney and Melbourne Australia, Canada, Mexico but never to Europe.
2) My ethnic background is Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian and have many relatives still living in those places. My Mom, sister and I all plan to visit these countries in the next few years.
3) The first thing I remember doing artistically as a child was when I was about 4 or 5 and I was determined to perfect drawing Snoopy - eventually I did a pretty good job. Then Garfield was my muse.
4) In high school I took a private class in calligraphy where I solidified my love for typography.
5) My husband and my first date was back in 1997 and we took a 30 mile bike ride then went sea kayaking on Lake Washington in Seattle where we got stuck under the 520 bridge during a minor rain squall on a hot August afternoon. It was pretty romantic. :)
6) We have an adorable mix breed dog who is almost 10 years old that I got as a 6 week old puppy in front of a Fred Meyer store out of a large corrugated box.
7) I wished when I was 14 when my Mom tried to teach me to sew, I would have stuck with it. I made myself one jumper dress, then quit. The threading of the machine was just too much for me at the time. It wasn't until this past November that I started sewing again. I have yet to sew on fabric, but I am loving sewing on paper.
8) I grew up in a very liberal town in Washington state on Puget Sound. Being mostly land-locked here in CT sometimes makes me clostrophobic (sp?). When I go back to WA every summer I feel like I can "breathe again", literally and figuratively.
9) The best things that anyone has ever said to me is when my kids have told me "Your the best Mom in the whole world" for no reason at all. That's the best. Bar none.
10) I've never used Modge Podge - I just bought my first bottles. I have always been intrigued, but I'm also a little scared, too!
Thank you so much Laurel and Carole for the blog awards! It was so thoughtful of you!
Well, I'm taking my Mom to the airport today. It's been such a great month having her here - and thankfully she's been here when I've been sick so that's been a big help. It will be sad sending her off - I miss not having family close, it stinks! Oh, well. Tonight I'll be working on some crafty stuff so hopefully I'll have something to share over the next couple days. Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful Thursday!!